COLUMBUS, OH. SEPTEMBER 21, 2022 – This holiday season will be brighter, bolder, and more colorful as Historic Crew Stadium is transformed into a vibrant drive-thru, holiday-themed light display starting Wednesday, November 23, through Sunday, January 1, 2023. Tickets for this event are on sale now.
Produced by Family Entertainment Live, “Magic of Lights” will make its debut at the old home of the Columbus Crew, featuring dozens of displays, illuminated canopies, and digital animation, all constructed with thousands of individual LED lights, which will take place in the Historic Crew Stadium parking lot.
"We are excited to bring Magic of Lights to the Columbus community and Historic Crew Stadium for the first time ever and hope it becomes an annual holiday tradition," says Ken Hudgens, CEO of Family Entertainment Live.
“We are always looking to provide different ways to bring family and friends together to experience our venues and hosting ‘Magic of Lights’ at Historic Crew Stadium is a fun way to do that during the holiday season,” said Columbus Crew President of Business Operations Kristin Bernert.
Inside the comfort of their own vehicle, guests will enjoy the tour’s brand-new displays, including Mattel’s Barbie, Prehistoric Christmas, Big Foot Monster Trucks, and the Snow Flurry Tunnel, as well as Magic of Lights favorites including the 12 Days of Christmas, Toyland and the Enchanting Tunnel of Lights. Created with nearly one million sparkling lights, Magic of Lights is a nostalgic and festive experience for guests of all ages.
QUICK FACTS - MAGIC OF LIGHTS -
- A 32-Foot-Tall Barbie Display
- 2+ million lights per Magic of Lights event
- 12.6 miles of light cord per Magic of Lights event
- 3,750 manhours to set up each Magic of Lights event
- The steel displays are designed, bent, cut and welded into about 800 frames that are combined in different configurations to create each show's giant winter holiday scenes. each frame of each scene is designed using the latest CAD technology and hand built in-house from 15 pages of design specifications each.
- Each magic of light shows uses about 10 miles of steel to build the displays and 10 miles of LED lighting installed inside the displays, there are 10 different colors of LED bulbs used in the shows.
- Scenes are as high as 32 ft tall and as long as several hundred feet.
Magic of Lights shines daily from 5:30 p.m. until 10 p.m. beginning Wednesday, Nov. 23 through Sunday, Jan. 1. Tickets for this festive holiday event are on sale now and can be purchased for any day starting at just $15 per vehicle. For a complete schedule and to purchase tickets, visit MagicOfLights.com/Columbus.